1. The website mentions two programs Boost and Launch for Western and Eastern Europe. I am a Lebanese student studying abroad but not in Europe. Am I still eligible?
We are doing our best to help every Lebanese student pursue his/her academic ambition; however, given the limited funds, we had to prioritize fund allocation. In this first call for Fall 2021, our main focus will be countries within the European Union (EU). This decision is based on data we collected from students during our preparation process and current logistical reasons.
Based on this data, we devised two programs: Boost for scholarships for expenses, and Launch for scholarships for tuition. Students studying in countries outside the EU are welcome to apply; however, priority will be given to students in the EU as outlined in our two programs.
2. I have been admitted to a program in the EU starting Fall 2021, I am still in Lebanon and need help to go there, can I apply?
Our mission at Kaffi is to help Lebanese students who have already started their education before the Lebanese economic crisis in 2019. Therefore, priority will be given to this group of students. Second in line for consideration is the group of students who have already left Lebanon in 2019-2020 and are currently in need of help abroad. Students who are planning to leave for study in Fall 2021 will be considered after the aforementioned groups.
We would like to stress that Kaffi does not guarantee continuous support for students (as this depends on application review on a semester basis and the fund availability), we advise students not to rely on Kaffi as a preliminary source of support when planning their education. We are doing our best to help every Lebanese student pursue his/her academic ambition; however, we see a need to clarify in order for students to plan accordingly.
3. I need help with both Tuition and Expenses, can I apply to both programs?
4. If I get financial support from Kaffi, do I need to pay back the money later?
5. What are the criteria for selecting the students to receive scholarships?
For each of the two programs we will rank applications based on the several criteria, including (criteria are not listed here in order of importance):