1. The website mentions two programs Boost and Launch for Western and Eastern Europe. I am a Lebanese student studying abroad but not in Europe. Am I still eligible?
We are doing our best to help every Lebanese student pursue his/her academic ambition; however, given the limited funds, we had to prioritize fund allocation. In this first call for Fall 2021, our main focus will be countries within the European Union (EU). This decision is based on data we collected from students during our preparation process and current logistical reasons.
Based on this data, we devised two programs: Boost for scholarships for expenses, and Launch for scholarships for tuition. Students studying in countries outside the EU are welcome to apply; however, priority will be given to students in the EU as outlined in our two programs.
2. I have been admitted to a program in the EU starting Fall 2022, I am still in Lebanon and need help to go there, can I apply?
At Kaffi, we wish to be able to help all Lebanese students pursue their education. However, given our limited financial resources at this point, we are required to prioritize fund allocation. Our priority is to help Lebanese students who have already started their education abroad so that they are not forced to drop out of their programs mid-way.
For this reason, we are sorry that we will not be able to accept applications from students leaving now due to the limited funding and the large need we are faced with. We hope that in the future we will be able to extend our programs to provide support for students planning to start their education abroad.
3. I need help with both Tuition and Expenses, can I apply to both programs?
4. If I get financial support from Kaffi, do I need to pay back the money later?
5. What are the criteria for selecting the students to receive scholarships?
For each of the two programs we will rank applications based on the several criteria, including (criteria are not listed here in order of importance):